Campus 411

Forum Calendar

Feb. 18-19: The music department will be presenting Albert Herring as the spring opera at 7:30 p.m. in Lekberg Hall. Also on Feb. 20 at 2 p.m. in Lekberg Hall.

Feb. 21: Candice Price, University of Iowa mathematics graduate student, presents Coloring Knots, discussing knot theory and linear algebra.

Feb. 21: Stacey Prussman, comedian and eating disorder survivor, presents “Looking Through Broken Mirrors” in order to kick-off Eating Disorder Awareness Week at 7 p.m. in Great Hall.

Feb. 22: Three speakers go up against the psychology of eating disorders, health-positive nutrition and media and cultural influences on body image in a Nourish the Body and Mind panel discussion at 12:30 p.m. Pioneer Conference Room.

Feb. 22: Fred Hubbell, chairman of the Simpson board of trustees, starts the Evening, Weekend and Graduate program’s spring series in Insights on Leadership Development at 5 p.m. at the West Des Moines campus.

Feb. 22: Gabriel Ajak, one of the Lost Boys of Sudan, tells the story of his escape from marauding tribes in Africa at 7 p.m. in Camp Lounge.

Feb. 23: Simpson shows the film “Beauty Mark” as part of Eating Disorder Awareness Week at 6:30 p.m. in Jordan Lecture Hall.

PRSSA hosts blood drive

Public Relations Student Society of America hosts a blood drive on Monday, Feb. 21 from 11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m in Great Hall. Schedule your appointment through the Simpson College PRSSA blood drive link.

Crime Log

On Thursday, Feb. 10 at an unknown time there was a theft from a motor vehicle in the fraternity parking lot. According to the report with Campus Security there was “report of theft from a motor vehicle of a radio. Driver’s side vent window was broke, allowing access to vehicle.” A report was filed with Indianola Police Department (IPD) and it is under investigation.

On Sunday, Feb. 13 at 2:13 a.m. around the 700 block of North E St. there was a citation for possession of alcohol under age 21. The report read “student cited and released for possession of alcohol under age 21.” IPD cited and released the student.