Campus 411

CAB grabs national award, Yell Like Hell recognized

After all the hard work put forth each year by Simpson’s Campus Activities Board (CAB), the organization received some national recognition on Tuesday, Feb. 22.

CAB was honored at the National Association for Campus Activities (NACA) in St. Louis this week. The award was given for “best campus tradition” for a school under 10,000 students.

The tradition? Yell Like Hell.

According to Rich Ramos, assistant dean of students and CAB advisor, the winner is selected by a vote from member schools from across the country.

“Along with getting a plaque and in recognition of this award, CAB also gets a check from $1,000 to apply towards this campus tradition and up to three complimentary delegate registrations to the next NACA national convention,” Ramos said in an e-mail to The Simpsonian on Tuesday, Feb. 22.

The video that was submitted for the award can be seen on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkCZg26GsTs

College names new registrar

Steve Griffith, senior vice president and academic dean, announced in a formal e-mail to Simpson faculty and staff last week that Jody Ragan has been appointed as the new registrar.

According to Griffith, Ragan has over 16 years of higher education experience and will be joining the college from Concordia University in St. Paul, Minn.

Ragan’s first day as acting registrar was yesterday, Wednesday, Feb. 23.

High school coach to try hand at Division III

Rick Isaacson became the third men’s soccer coach in the program’s history on Friday, Feb. 18. Athletic Director John Sirianni announced that Isaacson will take over the reigns as head coach.

According to Simpson’s athletic website, Isaacson served as Ankeny High School’s head boys soccer coach for six years and left with a record of 110-25, winning a championship in 2007 in class 2A.

Isaacson played collegiate-level soccer at Luther College. He was a four-year starter and left with plenty post-season experience.