Campus 411

EWG offers summer study abroad trip

Simpson’s Evening Weekend and Graduate program is offering a summer in Slovenia. The trip would provide students with the opportunity the visit Ljubljana, Slovenia from July 1-14 with a two-day stopover in London on the return.

The course would complete Cornerstone 7 for students and would greatly benefit students looking for a global experience. The course would provide insight on the meaning of citizenship “as portrayed through international policy instruments.

For more information visit the Simpson website and EWG programs. For complete details contact Rosmary Link, associate vice president of academic affairs at [email protected].

Information provided by Amy Day, EWG Public Relations Specialist 

Memorial service is held today for Maria DiPalma

A special memorial service will be held today, March 8 in Smith Memorial Chapel to celebrate the life of Maria DiPalma, who was a part of the Simpson Music Department for over 30 years.

DiPalma passed away last week after a courageous fight with cancer.

The memorial service will take place from 12:15 p.m.-2 p.m., and everyone is welcome to attend. 

Box Office opens for Eurydice

Theatre Simpson announced in an e-mail this week that the box office is now open for students, faculty and staff interested in reserving tickets for Eurydice.

The production is under the direction of Jennifer Nostrala, professor of threatre, and will open on Friday, March 25 at 7:30 p.m. in Pote Theatre. Other showings of the performance will follow on Saturday, March 26 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, March 27 at 1 p.m.

Tickets are free for Simpson faculty, staff and students.