After the Storm

by Bryan GeelanSports Editor

Football

L 20-10 @ Coe, Sept. 15 : Simpson out-gained the Kohawks 319 to 233 in the loss. Junior running back Adam Reutzel rushed for 84 yards and had 55 more receiving. Junior quarterback Travis Dietz threw for 130 yards and a touchdown.

Women’s Golf

2nd @ Loras Invitational (358), Sept. 14: Sophomore Katie Vaux took honors at the invite (82) to lead the Storm. Fellow sophomore Megan Smith finished in a tie for sixth (87).

5th (T) @ Luther Invitational (348), Sept. 15: Vaux recorded the best Storm score for the second day in a row (79), finishing in fourth.

Men’s Soccer

L 5-0 @ Puget Sound, Sept. 14: The number 12 Loggers out-shot the Storm 24-7 in the first of 2 games played in the state of Washington.

L 3-0 @ Pacific Lutheran, Sept. 15: The Storm allowed two goals in the first half as they are still in search of their first win.

Women’s Soccer

L 4-0 @ Grand View: Simpson had allowed only five goals on the season prior to giving up four to the Vikings.

Women’s Tennis

L 9-0 vs. Central, Sept. 11

L 9-0 vs. Grinnell, Sept. 12

L 9-0 vs. Luther, Sept. 14: The undefeated Norse dropped the Storm’s IIAC record to 1-4.

L 9-0 @ Olivet Nazarene, Sept. 15: Simpson failed to record a win in their fourth straight contest, falling to 10-0 Olivet Nazarene.

L 4-5 @ St. Ambrose, Sept. 15: Senior Martha Davis, junior Alissa Nance and freshman Jill Berner notched individual victories. Davis and junior Jessica Nims picked up Simpson’s only duals win.

Volleyball

2-2 @ St. Benedict Holiday Inn-Vitational, Sept. 14-15: Simpson fell to UW-Eau Claire (3-1) and St. Benedict (3-1) on Friday and defeated Buena Vista (3-0) and Northwestern (3-0) on Saturday. Sophomore setter Tara Christensen and junior middle-hitter Jayna Fischbach were named to the all-tournament team.