After the Storm

by Tim LoneStaff Writer

Men’s Golf

Grand View Classic, April 6-7: The Storm placed seventh at the Grand View Classic with an overall team score of 613. Sophomore Brett DeNeve led the way for the Storm with an overall score of 148, the eighth best score of the tournament, shooting a 70 in round one and a 78 in round two.

Softball (21-7, 6-2 IIAC)

W 7-0 and W 11-6 @ Central, April 9: Sophomore Kelsie Host helped lead the Storm to a victory in game one of the doubleheader, batting 3-5 and notching two RBIs. Senior Calie Hohneke helped the cause pitching seven innings, giving up just four hits and striking out two batters. In game two, freshman Julie O’Neal was 3-4 at the plate and batted in three runs. Sophomore Kelsey Castenson batted 2-4 and charted four RBIs to help the Storm pick up the win in the nightcap.

Baseball (14-11, 7-6 IIAC)

L 4-2 and W 11-10 vs. Buena Vista, April 9: The Storm struggled at the plate in game one, batting just 5-23. Helping to lead the effort was junior Jesse Reis, batting 2-3 with one RBI. Senior Jake Ritchey spent seven innings on the mound, striking out six batters and giving up nine hits. The bats got hot for the Storm in game two, batting 13-29 as a team. Senior Jason McClafin charted three RBIs while going 2-4 at the plate, helping the Storm to a win in the nightcap.