Plan Now For Next Year’s May Term

by Simpsonian Staff

With May term trip applications on the rise it has us wondering why anyone wouldn’t want to go abroad – apart from the cost that is.

College is the perfect time in life to go abroad or even just across the country. Think about it: Someone will plan the entire trip, watch over students while on the trip and most importantly have an opportunity to go abroad with other people your own age.

After graduation, any job will have a limited amount of vacation time, and those student loans will start kicking in. Later in life, you might even have a family to worry about as well. Imagine taking a 5-year-old and 3-year-old to Paris; it’s probably not going to happen.

If the cost of a May term trip is a problem, take a moment think about how much four years at a private college costs. Is taking out just one more $5,000 loan going to set you back that much? We don’t think so.

While financial aid for trips is sometimes scarce, planning in advance and being one of the first students to make an appointment could set you ahead of others by hundreds of dollars. Start thinking about and applying for the trips that are of interest right now for next year. It may be the difference between receiving a lot of financial aid and very little.

Simpson has so many opportunities and a wide variety of trips that you could participate in. Students are able to go to exotic places like the Galapagos Islands, or if they aren’t feeling quite as adventurous can go as close as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio.

Going for a semester abroad is also an option for students looking for a change of scenery. Simpson offers several different semester abroad opportunities, and students are also encouraged to seek out their own experiences as well. Who said you can’t make your own Simpson experience?