Student-led initiative aims for hands-on experience through entrepreneurship

What is CEO?

We are a student-led initiative aiming to empower students, from any major, to obtain hands-on experience through entrepreneurship. We have partnered with a national group, The Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization. They give us advice and tools to help start and run our own business and not-for-profit organization. These tools include templates and examples from others who have been successful. CEO provides an atmosphere where we can connect and network with other CEO chapters from across the country.

Why we are no longer Enactus:

We had a great experience with Enactus these past twelve years at Simpson. However, Enactus was more competition focused and as a group we felt like we were ready to shift to a more entrepreneurial focus. CEO gives us more freedom to be creative and actually apply the skills we learn in the classroom.

“We will be focusing on building the skills you will need to succeed when you leave college,” said Brianna Fisher, president of CEO.

Future Goals:

Our ultimate long-term goal is to start our own profitable business. Some of our short-term goals include sending our president and vice-president to the CEO National Conference later this year, and continue Simpson tradition by putting on Mr. Simpson. In the spring semester we will also be focused on recruiting new student members to join CEO.

Who is in CEO?

Our Simpson chapter of CEO really believes that students from all academic majors can benefit from joining. Although this organization is entrepreneurial focused, there are many aspects to running a business. We currently have students who are majoring in psychology, management, marketing, public Relations, among others, and encourage all other majors. Anyone can gain valuable, real-life skills from joining, and also feel the satisfaction of contributing to an organization unlike any other on campus. Plus it’s a fantastic resume builder!