Campus 411

Forum Calendar

The Simpson Poets and Writers Series will be held Thursday, Nov. 18 at 7 p.m. in Dirlam Lounge. Works by Angela Glover of the Department of English will be featured.

Theatre Simpson will be performing Learned Ladies by Moliere Friday, Nov. 19 and Saturday, Nov. 20 at 7:30 p.m. and also Sunday Nov. 21 at 1 p.m. in Pote Theatre. The play is a commentary on education, passion and gender.

New Athletic Website

The new site features a coaches show run by Simpson students, scores and statistics that are easy to find, live statistics during games and up-to-date news about athletes and teams. The Athletic Department is also making its social media use more widely known via the website with its Twitter account being one of the more recent additions. The new site can be found by going to http://www.simpsonathletics.com/landing/index.

John C. Culver Visits Campus, Policy Center in Full Swing

Some of Simpson’s best and brightest filled the Matthew Simpson room in College Hall on Friday, Nov. 12 to welcome former U.S. Congressman and Iowa native John C. Culver.

The John C. Culver Center of Public Policy was officially announced during the fall of 2009, and with the beginning of the 2010 academic year Simpson was home to “four young men and women” that were the first Culver fellows that received the scholarship.

Culver said on Friday that he is “looking forward to working with students” and is happy to be associated with Simpson College.

John Epperson, professor of political science and director of the Culver Center, said that Simpson is “honored” to be working with Culver on this initiative.

“This gives us an opportunity to expand and enhance on public service,” Epperson said. “Democracy depends on engaged citizenship.”

More information will be provided about the John C. Culver Center of Public Policy in the Dec. 2 issue of The Simpsonian.

Marketlink applications

Marketlink is hiring 15 Simpson students, and will be accepting applications through the second week of December. Apply online or in Career Services, e-mail [email protected] with questions, or call (515) 285-3420 x 1256. Training will start Jan. 10, from 4:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.