Campus 411

Forum Calendar

March 3: Simpson’s SARA (Sexual Assault Response Advocates) presents “Consent to a Safe Spring Break,” a discussion of the gray areas of consent and sexual conduct at 7 p.m. in Jordan Lecture Hall.

March 5: Duo Montagnard, including saxophonist Joseph Murphy and guitarist Matthew Slotkin, perform on campus at 7:30 p.m. in Lekberg Hall.

March 7: Simpson’s Career Services sponsors an Interview Etiquette Panel with business leaders giving student tips on interviewing techniques at 7 p.m. in Pioneer Conference Room.

March 8: Simpson economic faculty member Parul Marthur speaks on her native country of India as part of the Cultural Perspectives Series at 12:30 p.m. in the Pioneer Conference Room.

March 8: Simpson alumna Evelyn Birkby—homemaker, author, radio personality and newspaper columnist—discusses her eventful life in an Iowa History Center event at 5 p.m. at the West Des Moines campus.

Distinguished Teacher Nominations

According to the e-mail sent by the Office of Academic Affairs, the Distinguished Teacher Award is an annual award given out to faculty who have been recognized by their fellow faculty, their students and other staff members for having the following qualities:

– Outstanding ability as a teacher

– Concern for students’ personal development

– Enhances high academic standards

– Attitude and performance supports Simpson College’s goals

In order to be eligible for nomination, the faculty member must be full-time, active, tenured or tenure-track associate or full professor who holds a regular non-terminal contract, and who will teach at Simpson or serve on a sabbatical basis in the subsequent year of the award.

All students, faculty administration and staff members may nominate those eligible and the nominations are due by Friday, March 11.