Review: Mr. Coffee Ice Coffee machine makes mornings a breeze

Reagan Hoffman

The Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee Maker is a cheap and easy way for college students to get their daily dose of caffeine.

by Reagan Hoffman, Staff Writer

Many college students love a fresh cup of coffee, particularly iced coffee – but after a while, that cost adds up. So, here is a product that can save some money and allow you to enjoy your favorite iced coffee.

The Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee Maker is a compact product that is perfect for at home or even the dorm. Now I know that there are plenty of at-home coffee maker products out there, but this one is really worth it.

I myself have spent way too much money at Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts and wanted a way to make a simple iced coffee at home without spending $100 or more on a Keurig. That is when I found the Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee Maker. This product can be found at Target or Walmart for about $30. That is a much better price, especially for a college student. 

This product comes with the coffee maker itself, a measuring cup—which makes it so easy to scoop the perfect amount of ground coffee—and a reusable coffee filter that takes away having to continuously buy filters and even a tumbler with measuring lines. 

Now the best part of this product is that you can use any ground coffee of your choosing. My personal favorite being the Veranda Blend from Starbucks. It also takes less than four minutes to brew the coffee which is great for a busy college schedule. 

This coffee maker is easy to use with only a couple of steps. 

To use this product you simply take the tumbler it came with and fill it with water to the waterline, then you will pour that in the water compartment of the machine and then fill the tumbler with ice to the ice line. Next, you will take a scoop of your favorite ground coffee and pour it into the reusable filter compartment. Close the lid, place the tumbler under the spout and click the start button. How easy is that?

After your coffee is done brewing you can customize it however you like. I personally like to add vanilla creamer and drizzle some caramel into it. 

Another small thing that I like about this product is that it comes in a couple of different colors. Lots of college students love to decorate their rooms and this gives the option of allowing the product to match the aesthetic they have going.

Now you may be saying, “We have Millie’s on-campus” and I know yes it may be easy to run over there and have someone else make your coffee for you. But personally, I am way too lazy in the morning to walk all the way to Kent Campus Center from the Washington apartments and wait in a line that would probably make me late to class when I could just as easily make my coffee in the comfort of my own room before heading to class. 

If you ever need a way to save money or time when it comes to coffee, think about the Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee Maker – an affordable product that makes mornings so much easier.