Senior Spotlight: Lexi Hammer

Photo submitted by Lexi Hammer

by Alyssa Craven, Feature Editor

Q: What is your major?

A: I am a physical education major with a health endorsement and a minor in coaching.

Q: What activities are you involved in on campus?

A: I am involved in Res Life, Tri-Delta, and TRIO.

Q: What advice would you give to incoming first-years?

A: It’s OK to say no. Coming in as a freshman you want to get involved in so many things so you sign up for everything. Then you realize you’re overwhelmed. That is one of the hardest things that people have to learn. Sign up for what you actually want to do not what you think other people want you to do.

Q: What are your plans for after college?

A: I will be moving back to California. I am currently in between deciding what I want to do. I will either try to be a chapter correspondent with Tri-Delta, I would travel around to different Tri-Delta chapters, or I would go home and try to be a physical education teacher or a health teacher. 

Q: What kind of music do you like to listen to?

A: I listen to everything, but I really like country. I also like listening to Christian music. It’s just soothing. It’s fun to rock out in the car.

Q: Who is your favorite professor on campus?

A: It would have to be either Nutgrass, Busby, or Patty. All three of them I still think back to lessons I’ve had with them and classes I’ve had with them. I’m like, oh yeah, I remember this and it always pops back into my head today even when I haven’t had a class with them this semester. 

Q: What is your favorite sandwich from ABP?

A: I got to go with the chipotle turkey one. I only get the turkey, the cheese and the chipotle mayo on it. So whatever is the healthy stuff on it, I don’t get that.