1. Go sledding or skiing- Sledding and skiing is something you can enjoy with friends. Indianola has a lot of hills for great sledding opportunities. Be sure to bundle up for the Iowa cold.
2. Have a movie day with friends- There are a ton of options for movies thanks to Netflix, Hulu and Disney Plus. Make sure to have plenty of snacks on hand for a movie day.
3. Bake homemade cookies- Baking cookies is a fun and creative way to spend a couple of hours of your day. Nothing can put you in a good mood like the smell of freshly made cookies.
4. Take up a new hobby- Winter can be a great time to try something new. You can try journaling, volunteering or even reading.
5. Go ice skating- It doesn’t matter if you’re clumsy, ice skating is a fun activity to try with a group of friends. If you are outdoors make sure to bundle up because you never know what the weather will be in Iowa.
6. Have a game night with friends- After you’re done ice skating, invite your friends over for a game night. Break out those old games like Sorry and Cards Against Humanity and enjoy a night in.
7. Go bowling- Bowling is always a great idea when it’s too cold to do anything outside but you need to get off-campus. Plus, bowling is a fun but cheap way to have a fun time with friends.
8. Get crafty- Grab some friends and do some canvas painting. Painting can be very relaxing if you have had a stressful week. It doesn’t have to look pretty, as long as you are having fun.
9. Have a snowball fight- There is nothing that relieves anger more than throwing a snowball at other people. It is a safe but fun way to let go of unneeded stress.
10. Build a snowman- Yes, this may sound childish, but it is always fun to build a cute snowman with friends. You can get as creative as you want with it and even build a group of them.