10 Websites College Students Should Know

by Kimberly Roberts, Staff Reporter

1. Quizlet

Quizlet is a great website to help any student studying for their next big exam. Quizlet has features like quizzes, flashcards and match mode for students to use to practice. 

1. theSkimm

theSkimm is the perfect way for students to stay up to date with current events happening outside of the Simpson Community. Students can subscribe to a daily email of recapping the headlines from the previous day. 

1. Handshake 

Handshake helps students search for internships, jobs, schedule an appointment with Career Services and access guides to writing a cover letter, resume and interviewing. It can be accessed through the Simpson website.

1. Amazon

College students get a free six months subscription to Amazon Prime which means free two day shipping. This comes in handy when you need that textbook for the class that’s halfway done. 

1. Pinterest

Pinterest is a great resources for students needing ideas for a night in, lesson plans or way to decorate your dorm. The ideas never end with Pinterest in your hand. 

1. Google Drive

Google Drive is the perfect way to be working on a document with other students at the same time. Group projects become easier with every member having access to the project. 

1. Grammarly

This free extension can help any student by reading over their writing for any grammar mistakes. This free extension can be added to Google Chrome on any laptop. 

1. RetailMeNot

This website is perfect when the shopping mood kicks in. Look up the store on the website and all coupons code for the store will be available. 

1. Outlook or Google Calendar

College students must balance classes, work, athletics, clubs, organizations, social and more. Using an online calendar allows all the important events to be in one place and can be transferred to the student’s phone. 

1. Google Scholar

Google Scholar is a free search engine for full text scholarly literature on the web. Your next research paper just got easier.