Police arrest three in attacks on Simpson students

Indianola Police announced late this afternoon that they have three additional subjects in custody in relation to the assault incidents that took place Sunday, Oct. 11 and Monday, Oct. 12, near the Simpson College campus.

At approximately 4:30 p.m., Aaron Dominic Tolbert, 19, of Indianola, was taken into custody at the Fort Riley military base in Fort Riley, Kan. He will be extradited back to Iowa where he faces four counts of assault causing bodily injury.

Taylor Blake Glorioso, 18, of Indianola turned himself in to the Warren County Sheriff’s Office at around 4:30 p.m. and was charged with three counts of assault causing bodily injury.

Cody Dillon Wessel, 18 of Indianola, is also in custody and has been charged with four counts of assault causing bodily injury.

Earlier in the day, police charged 17-year-old Dakotah Mason Wessel with four counts of assault causing bodily injury. According to police, they will not be requesting a warrant for Dakotah Wessel, but he has been cited and released to a parent.

In all four cases, assault causing bodily injury is a serious misdemeanor. According to police reports released Friday evening, the four suspects went out early Sunday morning with the intent of committing assaults on random individuals.

The three separate attacks took place on and around Simpson last weekend. In the first attack, two students were walking near the Detroit apartment building in the 500 block of N. D St. when a vehicle drove by and the occupants began yelling at them. The vehicle stopped and three subjects got out. According to a police report, both students were struck in the face and sustained injuries.

A second attack took place on Oct. 11 at around 2:44 a.m. A Simpson student was walking near the Clinton apartment building in the 700 block of W. Clinton when a vehicle drove by and yelled profanities. Three subjects surrounded the student, and one struck him in the face.

Another attack believed to be related took place at approximately 4:30 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 12 on a non-Simpson student.