Letter to the Editor

Thank you for the great article on internships in last week’s paper (Simpson students hold competitive internships, November 2, 2006). Our business contacts tell us that relevant internship experience can make a huge difference when they are selecting new college graduates for fulltime jobs. In the past year, more than 180 Simpson students completed an internship/work experience. Some were paid, others completed just for credit.

All types of businesses hire Simpson interns, including profits, not-for-profits, and government agencies. Another 60 students did a career observation, an opportunity to investigate career directions while earning credit over May Term.

For a listing of current internships available, students should go to www.simpson.edu/ccs/jobulletin/internships.html. There are currently listings for internships in the fields of art, business, communications, computer science, education, health/wellness, science and social science. The listings are updated weekly. Students interested in internships can also call the Counseling & Career Services office (ext.1667) to make an appointment. We can tell you where students in your field have interned in the past and help you land that plum opportunity. Thanks, again, for the great article!

Jill Rossiter, Interim Director

Counseling & Career Services