Letter To The Editor

Over the past few weeks some very serious allegations have lingered over the Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity House. While we understand accusations of a crime of a sexual nature must be handled with the utmost seriousness, we believe that the name and perception of our fraternity has been tarnished without due cause.

Our hope in writing this letter is to correct the information that has been skewed through many sources in an attempt to set the record straight in these allegations.

We can assure you that the charges of sexual assault from that night were alleged against a non-member of our organization, and in no way, shape, or form reflects the morality or ethics of the men of Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity. We cannot reiterate enough that we do not take sexual assault charges lightly, and that no member of this house associates themselves with that type of behavior.

We hope that by clearing the names of every member of Alpha Tau Omega in this incident anyone can enter our house feeling comfortable and safe and have the opportunity to meet the great guys that dwell in this house.

We also hope that in the future the print media on this campus will choose to highlight more of the positive aspects of Greek life, rather than only highlight the mistakes that occasionally occur.

While we fully realize the severity of sexual assault charges, we hope to make it clear that no member of Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity was involved with this incident. The members and officers of ATO have cooperated completely with campus security, the office of Student Development, and the Indianola police department in this situation and will continue to do so in every aspect of campus security and individual safety.

Sincerely,

Tucker Priebe, Junior

Justin Zenanko, Freshman

Members of the Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity