Trading Spaces

Trading+Spaces

Simpson College found a new home earlier this month, when it relocated its Evening, Weekend & Graduate campus in West Des Moines.  A formal ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new location will take place tomorrow, Jan. 29.     School officials said that a record number of adults are returning to school and Simpson’s new location offers easy access and amenities to meet their students’ needs.    The campus is now located in the Century II Building at 1415 28th Street in West Des Moines.Rosemary Link, associate vice president of academic affairs, said that the new building provides a welcoming and professional environment for students.     “Simpson has made a commitment to lifelong learning and this new space reflects the mission of the college to generate community, to offer service and engagement with local business and non-profit agencies.”     Link said that approximately 43 percent of all EWG courses are held at the West Des Moines campus. Simpson also has an EWG location in Ankeny.     Junior Robin Whitford is currently taking a biology course at the new location. Whitford said she is impressed with the space.     “It’s a really nice building,” Whitford said. “It’s not what I expected from an off-campus site.”     Link also said that the location is ideal because it can be seen from Interstate-235. There is also increased parking for students.      Simpson began holding classes in the building on Jan. 9.