Campus 411

Students encouraged to submit symposium applications

Simpson College is currently accepting entries for its first undergraduate symposium to be held in conjunction with the Honors Convocation on April 22. The symposium allows each division to showcase their scholarly works either through a paper or poster. Paper submission, consisting of research and non-research, should explain the author’s methodology and findings. Other creative works should include an explanation of what the paper is about. Posters can be submitted as completed or works in-progress. Papers that are accepted will be organized into disciplines in which each individual will be allowed eight minutes to speak and two minutes for audience questions. Posters are to be presented on a 36 by 48 inch tri-fold poster board and should have large enough lettering to be seen at least by 5 feet. All applications should be completed by Friday, April 2 by 1 p.m. to Dr. Rachel Bandy, assistant professor of criminal justice, in Wallace 306. Accepted applicants will be notified via e-mail by April 9.

Campus Security Crime Log

March 13: A burglary was reported at the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity between 3 and 5 a.m. An XBox 360, one controller, a hard drive and one Batman game were reported missing from the common area. An Indianola police report was filed.